Chanel SS17 Cruise Makeup
Make summer days happy, easy and free, with makeup to match your mood. Nothing too complicated. Here is my quick peek at the first Chanel Cruise Collection Les Indispensables de L’Ete to be created by makeup artist Lucia Pica and out next week. It’s just effortless, ageless and divine. The complete antithesis to all the heavy caked, Instagrammed faces we’re bored with seeing; think super fresh textures, golden skin with a single shot of colour that looks easy and modern. I vow we can all do this, right?
AN EASY NEW LOOK
- Start with fresh looking skin: step up exfoliation past 40 and you’ll be amazed how much brighter your skin appears. I love Balance Me Cleanse & Smooth Face Balm with a multi-blend of face butters and oat powder to polish skin.
- Take a matte bronzing powder (shimmery ones look so fake on the skin) and buff into the areas where you naturally catch the sun: cheeks, forehead, bridge of the nose, collarbone and upperlip. Chanel Les Beiges Healthy Glow Luminous Colour is the perfect sheer bronze.
- Swipe a sexy kohl in among the lashes and smudge it in further with your fingertips. For a lasting line, Chanel Style Yeux Waterproof Long-Lasting Eyeliner in Horizon is a deep gunmetal, nearly black shade I love and super smudgy smooth yet stays.
- Make your pop of colour, a ‘hot nude’ such as peach or soft coral, on lips or nails. I just love Chanel Rouge Coco Stylo in Esquisse and Longwear Nail Colour in Coralium.
- Rock the look with a deep charcoal nail, for an ageless edgy style, with Chanel Longwear Nail Colour in Sargasso
Chanel Cruise Collection Les Indispensables de L’Ete is on counter 19th May.